Verizon Wireless Internet Service
Verizon's high speed wireless network currently covers over 90% of the U.S. population and is still growing. About 280 million people can connect using Verizon's mobile phone service, so you are probably one of them! Right now, their network is a mix of 3G and 4G wireless plans.
The 3G plans available are:
- $20 – 1GB monthly data and $20 per GB over.
- $35 – 3GB monthly data and $10 per GB over the limit.
- $50 – 5GB monthly data allowance and $10 per GB over the limit.
- $80 – 10GB monthly data and $10 per GB over the limit.
The 4G plans available are:
- $20 – 1GB monthly data allowance with a $20 fee per GB block over the limit.
- $35 – 3GB monthly allowance with a $10 fee per GB block over the limit.
- $50 – 5GB monthly data allowance with a $10 fee per GB block over the limit.
- $80 – 10GB monthly data allowance with a $10 fee per GB block over the limit.
Verizon's 4G LTE Network
The Verizon 4G LTE network is a fourth generation network (4G). LTE stand for Long Term Evolution and provides greatly increased speeds over previous network iterations as well as reduced latency. 4G LTE is available to over 110 million people and Verizon is expanding this service to cover its current national 3G network. This process is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2013.
By way of comparison Verizon's 3G network offers download speeds of up to 1.4 Mbps and uploads at up to 800 Kbps. The 4G LTE network provides download speeds up to 12Mbps and uploads at up to 5 Mbps. The difference is significant and the 4G network is easily one of the fastest mobile broadband networks in the U.S. The 4G network has the following advantages:
- Higher Data Rates
- Lower Latency
- High Security
- Simplified Roaming
- Better Power Performance
Verizon is working with rural companies to bring fast reliable access to communities that traditionally had limited or no choice in their broadband solutions. In the near future Verizon would like to see rural customers that were forced to purchase a slower more expensive satellite provider have a proven and affordable option in the Verizon 4G LTE network.
In addition to their mobile phone services, Verizon is one of the leading High Speed Internet providers in the U.S., and our site has reviews of all major 3G and 4G wireless ISP's.