Review Of HughesNet Satellite Internet Plans
America's #1 choice for broadband via Satellite, HughesNet Internet, can provide high speed Internet service for your home or business. HughesNet satellite Internet service offers several different broadband satellite Internet plans.
With HughesNet Internet service, you will have your choice of plans and download speeds. They offer HughesNet Satellite Internet plans for basic home use, as well as elite plans designed for your home, small business, or large enterprise.
Each of these HughesNet satellite Internet plans provide multiple email addresses along with anti-spam and virus-filtering software. All HughesNet Internet plans include a 30 day guarantee and require a 24-month commitment.
- Connect PRO - 5 Mbps Downstream / 1 Mbps Upstream / $39.99 Monthly*
- Power - 10 Mbps Downstream / 1 Mbps Upstream / $39.99 Monthly*
- Power PRO - 10 Mbps Downstream / 2 Mbps Upstream / $79.99 Monthly
- Power MAX - 15 Mbps Downstream / 2 Mbps Upstream / $99.99 Monthly
As with any satellite Internet service, there are equipment fees involving the dish and satelite modem. With HughesNet Internet service, customers can choose to either buy or lease their equipment. The up front costs for installation and activation will depend upon the reseller you purchase HughesNet Satellite from, since HughesNet is sold through several major resellers, including over 2,800 Walmart stores in rural towns. Keep an eye out for promotions that reduce or waive the installation fees!
HughesNet Internet is very up front about the fact that Satellite access times can slow down during peak periods. For example, with the Home plan you can expect a maximum download speed of up to 1.0 Mbps, but those speeds might be limited to only 550 Kbps to 650 Kbps during peak hours. Also, Hughes Net has a Fair Access Policy, which temporarily reduces download speeds after users exceed a certain threshold of usage.
To compare HughesNet High Speed Internet against other broadband Internet options, such as dial up or wireless Internet, check our review pages or articles section.
1. $39.99 is available to new subscribers with the Power or Connect PRO service plans only. Offer represents $20 savings off the Power or Connect PRO monthly service fee. After three months, the monthly fee reverts back to $59.99. $9.99 monthly equipment Lease fee may apply. HughesNet service and equipment must be purchased or leased between 1/1/13 and 3/31/13 for the Power service plan. HughesNet service and equipment must be purchased or leased between 1/21/13 and 3/31/13 for the Connect PRO service plan.. Restrictions may apply. Offer void where prohibited.
2. Free standard installation applies to new Lease subscribers only. Not valid with Purchase option. Limited time offer.
3. $199.99 mail-in rebate applies to new subscribers who Purchase a new HughesNet system. Not applicable with the Lease option. HughesNet equipment and service must be purchased between 1/1/13 and 3/31/13. HughesNet service must remain active for a minimum of 31 days. Rebate submission must be received by 6/30/13. Other restrictions may apply. Offer void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Visit rebate.HughesNet.com for details.
4. $50 instant savings applies to new subscribers who Lease a new HughesNet system. Not applicable with the Purchase option. Offer ends 3/31/13. Other restrictions may apply. Offer void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
5. When you connect to the Internet using HughesNet, the upload and download speeds you experience will vary based on a variety of factors including the configuration of your computer; the number of concurrent users; network or Internet congestion; the speed of the Web sites you are accessing; and other factors. Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. During peak hours, actual upload and download speeds will likely be lower than speeds indicated.